Trick-or-treat. We missed Halloween.
Better late than never, here are some Raw Almond Butter Cups to replace any of the left over Halloween candy you feel bad about eating… but are still eating These almond butter cups are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and do not contain any artificial ingredients or flavoring!
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup of raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Raw almond butter
- Lightly grease your peanut butter cup tray with coconut oil. If your coconut oil is not melted, scoop some into a bowl and then place that bowl in another bowl filled with warm water. This will melt the coconut oil without killing the enzymes.
- Mix the coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, honey/maple syrup, and sea salt together in a bowl to make the raw chocolate.
- Pour a small amount of chocolate (1-2 teaspoons) into each candy mold to create the bottom. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes until completely firm.
- Place a small dollop of almond butter (I use my 1/2 teaspoon) onto the center of each cup. Try your best to keep the almond butter from reaching the sides. If your almond butter isn't completely solid, place the tray back in the freezer for a few minutes to solidify.
- Add more raw chocolate to each cup until it is filled to the top. Place back in the freezer for another 10 minutes until solid.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.