Day 10! I’m about halfway through Dr. Junger’s Clean Cleanse. Woo! As Alyssa mentioned on Monday, things are getting way easier. I feel great! And for those who are used to feeling ‘not so great’, it is the best motivation.
One of the goals of our blog is to take recipes that we would normally want to eat and make them clean. It helps us feel like we aren’t missing out. Lou did the Clean cleanse for a whopping 5 days Within those 5 days he wanted fish tacos (and sandwiches and wings). So here we have clean Gluten Free Fish Tacos topped with an Avocado Crema. These tacos are easy to whip up, flavorful and delicious. Oh, and they are also “Boyfriend Approved”
What I Ate Yesterday
Breakfast: Green Detox Smoothie
Lunch: Mom’s Lemon Chicken with roasted vegetables and an apple
Dinner: Broccoli Soup (coming soon…)
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 4 brown rice tortillas
- 4 pieces of tilapia
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- a dash of sea salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup of shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
Avocado Crema (Click here for the recipe from Against All Grain)
- In a large ziplock bag, add the tilapia, 1/4 cup of lime juice, chili powder, cayenne pepper, sea salt and pepper and marinate in the fridge.
- While the tilapia is marinating, follow the directions for the Avocado Crema.
- Add olive oil to a sauté pan and heat.
- Add the marinated tilapia and cook over medium each for about 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Place brown rice tortillas in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds to warm. Optional: rub one side of the tortilla with olive oil and place face down in a sauté pan over medium heat to crisp.
- Place once piece of fish per tortilla. Top with shredded cabbage, fresh cilantro and Avocado Crema.
Adapted from: Paleo Fish Tacos