This past weekend I went to Lou’s sisters house to bake Christmas cookies. Although I was pretty pumped for the Homemade Peppermint Oreos on our list (not clean by any means), I wanted to include some cookies that wouldn’t make me feel sick. We found this recipe for Raw Hazelnut Macaroons Dipped in Chocolate. Hellooo.
Who said clean desserts can’t taste sinful?
And thank you Mrs. Delade for letting us play with your amazing camera and lenses! Put a word in to Santa for me
- 1 1/2 cups of hazelnuts, ground finely in a food processor/blender
- 1/2 cup of almond, ground finely in a food processor/blender
- 1 cup of dried organic, unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup of raw maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup of raw cocao powder
- 1/2 cup of raw cocoa poweder
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- Stir all of macaroon ingredients together until blended.
- Roll into small balls and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Mix all the raw chocolate ingredients together.
- Dip macaroons in the chocolate and place on a plastic tray or tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place back into the refrigerator until firm.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
* Store in the refrigerator to prevent melting
Original Recipe: Raw Chocolate Covered Nutella Macaroons