Vanilla Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding
I understand “Chia Seed Pudding” doesn’t sound like the most intriguing dessert. But before you click “next” hear me out for a second
We’ve talked about the health benefits of chia seeds a few times on our blog. Chia seeds are high in fiber (5 grams per tablespoon) and rich in Omega-3s, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. They are also claimed to help you feel full faster and stay full longer. This is because when chia seeds get wet they form a “gel,” which takes your body a long time to fully digest. We like to throw them in our smoothies or use them as an egg replacement.
So here is a way to eat a wholeeee lotta chia seeds in one sitting… and actually enjoy it
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 packet of stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 small pinch of sea salt
- Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl or glass (leaving some blueberries for topping) and refrigerate for 2 hours or until desired thickness is reached. Stir occasionally.
- Top with blueberries and enjoy.
Clean Cleanse, Clean Gut & Clean Refresh
Original Recipe: Cinnamon Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding