I am slightly obsessed with this smoothie. It tastes like a chocolatey, blueberry, almond buttery heaven and is packed with protein! I drink this in the morning for breakfast or for dinner when I am too lazy to cook. Because it’s thick like a milkshake it serves as dessert too
Now let’s talk about raw cacao nibs for a sec. 100% Raw cacao is unprocessed, unheated, and does not contain fillers or additives. When you find raw cacao nibs it looks like a glorious bag of chocolate shavings. However I will warn you, it’s unsweetened and therefore it tastes unsweetened. It brought me back to my childhood when I would insist on eating the baker’s chocolate even though it tasted awful. But when you add it to anything naturally sweet it brings out a rich chocolate flavor. So ditch the Hershey and try adding raw cacao nibs to your cookies, cakes, granola and smoothies 😉
- 1 1/2 cups of vanilla almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 full scoop of chocolate protein powder (brown rice or plant based- vanilla works too!)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter
- a pinch of sea salt
- cacao nibs for topping
- Blend everything together and top with cocoa nibs.
- approx. 25 grams of protein!